I’ve been very inspi-red to create a style collage dedicated to the color RED, as it’s popping up everywhere this season. From red accessories to red shoes…this power shade is the color you want to be investing in your wardrobe. Plus it’s classic and never goes out of style in my opinion!
I think for many, red is a little intimidating because it commands so much attention when you wear it. If you’re going to wear red, it needs to be done with confidence and ideal to wear to places where you want to make a grand entrance.
Here is my list of 10 ways to incorporate RED into your current wardrobe:
- Patterns: I love red and white stripes and just recently purchased a Guess red and white tank top that I’ve already worn a few times within the past month. I also like to mention red and white gingham is always a nice classic, especially for the summer! (As seen above, the D&G gingham bag…so cute!).
- Beauty: Every classy lady needs a red lipstick. Red nail polish is also another great alternative (especially if you’re too shy to wear red lipstick).
- Jewelry: Earrings, cuffs, necklaces, rings, etc. This is a quick and easy way to add a pop of red to your outfit without being too dramatic.
- Belt: I love red belts! It adds a subtle touch of red and completes the overall look.
- Shorts: I have to say that this is something I do not currently own, but it’s definitely on my summer shopping list…a great pair of red shorts. It could be worn with neutrals, especially great paired with a black or white top.
- Vest: I love vests in general and find red vests to be very stylish, but very hard to find. It’s a great piece to invest in your wardrobe because you can layer it in many ways.
- Dress: A solid red dress never goes out of style. It’s just classic and feminine. It’s also a great piece to wear year-round (of course depending on the style and fabric).
- Shoes: A hot pair of red shoes is a must! Looks great with a little black dress or for dressing up a casual outfit.
- Sunglasses: This is definitely a modern way of wearing red and definitely for the fashion forward.
- Bows, Ruffles, Rhinestones: I categorized these together because these are all styling details that you can look for that give that extra feminine touch and pop of color.
[Do you love red? If so, how do you wear it?]