Tomorrow, MAC officially launches their “Quite Cute” collection…although considered their prom inspired collection, I think everyone can thoroughly enjoy it.
Can I just say, I have been dying for this to come out and that this may very well be my ALL-TIME FAVORITE MAC collection launch?!?! I’m incredibly impressed by the color story behind this collection, as it features a wonderful candy-colored assortment of pastels and brights for the cheeks, lips, eyes, and nails. It’s absolutely brilliant and I pretty much want it all!
Here is a glimpse of some of the amazing colors from MAC's "Quite Cute" collection.
As much as I’d like to cut back and limit myself on only a few items from “Quite Cute,” I have a pretty long shopping list of what I will be picking up tomorrow…(here it goes):
Lipsticks (I’m buying 3/5— Please note that “Saint Germain” is part of the collection, which I already own as it’s part of the permanent collection. Be sure to read my post regarding this being one of my ALL TIME favorite lipsticks, if you have not already):
* “Quite Cute” – This is a pale lavender cremesheen. Obsessed. I’m sure this may not be the MOST flattering color in the world on most people, but I know I can find a way to work it if it doesn’t look good by itself. I don’t know what it is, but I’m really attracted to these types of shades. It has an artsy/hipster feel to it, which I really appreciate.
I plan on buying 2 of these (given I LOVE it). I regret not buying a back-up of “Fashion Mews” from the Hello Kitty collection years back as this was a GORGEOUS lavender color and to this day, one of my favorites. ”Quite Cute” sort of reminds me of this shade.
I also regret not buying “Lavender Whip” at the time it came out as it was really limited and now I can’t find it! :( Hence why I am NOT going to make the mistake of not buying two of these. I have a feeling that being this color is such a rare shade, MAC will be making this super limited. So don’t wait on buying this as I’m sure it will be one of the first to sell out!
* “Playing Koi” – I was in love with this color the moment I saw it! It’s a peachy nude pale pink with a satin finish. I have a feeling I’m really going to need to line this color and pop it with a gloss to make it work, but then again, when do I not do that?! Being it’s super pale (and I typically hate colors that are too nude as I am so fair), I’ll have to think of creative ways to pull this off.
* “Candy Yum-Yum” – The name of this lipstick is quite delightful (I almost wrote, “quite cute” right there) and too hard to pass up! I was really debating about this color being that it’s really NOT the most practical shade in the world and I already own quite a bit of hot pink lipsticks (which I don’t even wear nearly as often as I’d like to). However, I decided I will get this shade because it’s a neon hot pink with at MATTE finish. I’m ready to experiment with this shade even if I only wear it a handful of times this season. Bright lipsticks ALWAYS look good against fair skin and personally, I’m never afraid to go bold with lip color.
Plushglass (I’m buying 3/4):
* “Bubble Tea” - This is your basic everyday beige/nude color. I think everyone can pull this off and enjoy it. I plan on using this as a top coat to a lipstick, not so much by itself.
* “Fashion Fanatic” – This is a pretty sheer light pink with a warm undertone. Again, something I’d layer over a lipstick.
* “Girl Loves Boy” – I may have to buy two of these. This is that PERFECT baby pink color which I’m always a big fan of.
[The reason why I decided to pass on the fourth shade, which is a lavender shade is that it seems to be just a little too sheer for my liking. Plushglasses always tend to be sheer and there is a chance I may change my mind and get it, but I really think I will pass on this one unfortunately].
As for the lip pencils (there’s three: “Naked Liner,” “Boldly Bare,” and “In Sync”), they are a relaunch and will stay permanent in the line. I already own all of them. “In Sync” is AMAZING! My all-time favorite lip liner if I’m going for a light, nude pink.
As for the eye shadows, there is one quad of four colors coming out. This is something I personally will pass on. It takes A LOT for me to buy an eye shadow as it’s not really something I’m obsessed with (I’m very basic with my eye makeup on an everyday basis). Regardless though, I’m not too impressed with the overall colors in the quad due to the color and texture of the shadows. I think most people would agree with me that the highlight of the collection is truly the lip products.
There are also three mineralize blushes coming out and they feature little hearts at the center! It’s a cute idea!
Also, there are three nail polishes coming out with the collection and they are all BEAUTIFUL pastel shades for the spring season. Pastel is everywhere in the beauty scene and nails are no exception. Although I’m not a huge nail polish person, I am DEFINITELY picking up the mint pastel green shade, “Mischievous Mint” and cannot wait to wear this on my toe nails! I have ALWAYS longed for a pretty mint green color and finally found one I am truly in love with. The other shades, “Ice Cream Cake” and “Little Girl Type” are also really pretty.
I am sure I will write a collection follow-up to this post once I picked up all the items I listed above and show cool ways to wear them!
What makes this collection deserving of such a great review is that all the colors are playful, fun, and totally on trend for spring. They are refreshing and full of life!
[What are your favorite pieces from this collection?]