This look was actually created exactly a week ago (I just have not had the opportunity to post it in greater detail until today) when I went to Briella’s birthday party. She comes to me when she needs makeup and it was nice of her to invite me! Her party was held on a boat and will be featured in “Jerseylicious” this season during episode 13. It should be fun to watch the episode knowing that I was there!
WHAT I AM WEARING…
- Purple cocktail dress (XOXO)
- Lavender heels with rhinestone detailing (Prada)
[These designer shoes are amazing and surprisingly comfortable!]
- Clear beaded lucite bracelet (Metropark)
- Silver ring (Forever 21)
MAKEUP: For the makeup, I wanted to go for a more smokey look and big lashes with more emphasis on the eyes.
- MAC “Carbon” –> Jet black matte (LID)
I layered this shadow over “Blackground” paint pot, which is a dark grey black with shimmer. For creating a super smokey look, “Blackground” is essential for eye prepping.
- MAC “Copperplate” –> Medium grey matte (CREASE)
This is a great color for a smokey look or even incorporated in the daytime.
- MAC “Solar White” eyeshadow –> Shimmery goldish white (HIGHLIGHT)
I wear this all the time!
* Please note for the eyeliner, I used a Korres WHITE eye liner pencil inside the waterline (on the bottom) with a black pencil lining the actual lash line. This always picks up nicely in photography.
- MAC #6 lashes
These are big and dramatic! Love them!
- MAC “Peaches” blush –> Bright peach blush, matte
This is my typical jam, I especially wanted to wear it being that the eyes were really cool with the grey, I wanted brighter brush to warm up the cheeks.
- MAC “Boldly Bare” lip liner –> Neutral brownish/pinkish tone
This was a limited color but there are many other lipliners that could have worked out with this lip such as MAC “Whirl” which is sold all the time.
- MAC “Myself” lipstick –> Creamy neutral, lustre
This is another discontinued product from a previous MAC collection. Although it is discontinued, I figured I’d show a photo of what the color looks like. It is a basic neutral color without being too nude (where I feel washed out).
- Smashbox “Pout” lip enhancing gloss –> Pastel baby pink
Although I am true to MAC when it comes to the majority of my makeup (especially lip products)…I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss. This color is totally my style when it comes to lipgloss. It’s very sheer so it is best to wear over lipsticks.