Besides sharing products that I personally use, I think it’s equally important to discuss products that a part of my professional makeup kit. This leads me to share my new face primer discovery.
I find that this time of year, most of my clients get very tan. (Also keep in mind, I’m from New Jersey…where people like their skin to have a bronze finish year-round).
It is for this reason I find it ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT that there is a face primer with a bronze tint. I’m sure there are other brands that already carry such a thing, but last week while I was in Sephora picking out some new items for myself, I came across the Too Faced Primed & Poreless SPF 20 Bronze Tint Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I asked for a sample before I left and I have to say, this is as brilliant as I predicted it would be.
Let me explain why (it’s brilliant):
- I like investing in products that can do a few things at once. This not only serves as a primer (to smooth out the skin prior to any foundation application), but also gives the skin a sheer punch of bronze color to the skin. This is IDEAL for people that are already tan.
FYI, I would NOT even attempt to apply this on someone with fair skin because this is NOT the way to go about layering (or adding color) to the skin. I ONLY do this when I layer powders at the end (such as finishing with a powder that is a hint darker than the natural skin tone OR bronzing powder).
- The bronzing agent in this primer will maintain a person’s tan, give a nice glow, and warm up the complexion. OH and this product also has sun protection, SPF 20. (Kind of ironic, no…or is it just me? But hey, I’m not complaining as I’m a HUGE advocate of sun protection!!!)
- It has a bit of an orange base (rather than golden tone), which works especially well with people that tanned outdoors or even spray tanned.
- Sometimes I find when I use certain face primers on people, they actually leave a hint of white (probably from ones that contain SPF), so when applied, it doesn’t look right over a complexion that has more color. That is why this is PERFECT for people that are currently rocking a summer tan (or are naturally darker).
- I really LOVE the texture of this. However, this is a silicone based primer. I realize this is not for everyone, especially for someone that has a liking towards products with more natural ingredients (like myself). But silicone primers definitely have that nice silky, velvety finish that smooths out the skin very beautifully!
Needless to say, I just placed an order online for this product and look forward to adding this to my makeup kit! I know my clients are going to REALLY LOVE this. PLEASE NOTE, this product is LIMITED EDITION. You know what that means, if you love it…stock up ladies!
[Has anyone ever tried a bronze tinted face primer before?]